Blogging provides a means for you to connect with your customers and prospects. It gives you the interactive tools to directly engage your clients, customers, and even prospects. The longer blogs create more new words for the search engines to index and also help let the search engines know exactly what the page is about. It is important to have content that educates rather than selling, as educating is more powerful, more trustworthy, and more relevant to website visitors. Blogging helps to grow online traffic, nurture and convert customers, keep current customers engaged, differentiate you from other similar businesses, and grow demand and interest in your products or services. The beautiful thing about a blog is that they provide benefits long after publishing, so the more blogs you create, the more of the above benefits you’ll receive. That means valuable and engaging content that doesn’t just promote your services or products, but also must be written with SEO in mind. Following are seven real ways a blog can help your businesses:
1. Increase Traffic to Your Site – Post frequent and consistent content that drives educational and entertainment value, and you’ll increase your website’s traffic. More traffic equals more leads for both B2B and B2C companies.
2. Attract New Customers – Companies that blog frequently see the most attention and the most new customers. Create content that speaks to your target audience’s pain points, and make sure the headlines accurately describe the content that follows.
3. Expose Your Business to the Readers Seeking Fun – Want-based blogs focus more on stimulating demand for something your readers didn’t know they wanted. Make your content interesting and engaging enough that people will want to read them for fun.
4. Educate Your Potential Customers – People do research online before buying a product or service. Finding informative, engaging blog content on the subject can help sway their opinion and become a factor in the purchase.
5. Build Trust – Blogging allows you to show your expertise in a field and build trust with your customers. Showcase your knowledge and experience through blog content.
6. Improve Rankings – Writing blog posts with SEO best practices in mind helps to improve your website’s rankings in search engines.
7. Take Advantage of Hashtags – Hashtags are a great way to get your content seen. Use relevant hashtags in your blog posts and link to related content to attract more readers.